Effective: September 1, 2022
Information Provided to Us
- Account Information: Once you create a Disperse account, we require you to provide an email address and password. Your email addresses may be used by Disperse to send the user future emails regarding their account or promotional emails. Moreover, we store your user preferences and settings.
- Content you submit: Content you submit to the services. This may include saved drafts, uploaded videos, and other prompts within the web application.
- Actions you take: We collect information about the actions you take while using the web application. This includes the interactions with different services provided within the web application. Moreover, it may include interactions with other users of the web application.
- Transactional Information: We collect information from our payment processor including your name, address, email address, and information about the product or service you are purchasing.
- Other Information: Disperse may collect other submitted information by the user, for example, a feedback form.
Information Collected Automatically
- Log and usage data: We may log information when you access and use our services. These types of services may include: IP addresses, user-agent string, browser type, operating system, referral URLs, device information, device settings, mobile carrier, pages visited, links clicks, request URL, and search terms.
- Information collected from cached services: We may receive information from cookies, which are pieces of data that your browser sends back to us when making requests to use our services. We use this information to improve the user experience.
- Location Information: We may receive and process information about your location. We may collect information about the specific location of your device. We may also receive location information from you when you choose to share your location with one of our services.
- Other Information: We may automatically collect information from other applications which positively impact Disperse.
Information Collected From Other Sources
- Linked Services: If you authorize or link one of our linked services, Disperse may receive information from that service as well. For example, if you link your Disperse account with another service, that service may send us information.
- Information collected from integrations: We may receive information about the user from third-party integrations. For example, when downloading the Figma plugin to use with Disperse, Disperse may receive information about your Figma account.
We don't sell your data, however, we may share your data based on the following conditions:
- With your consent: We may share information about you with your consent.
- With linked services: We may share information about you to linked services.
- With our service providers: We may share information with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work for us.
- To comply with the law: We may share information in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by, any applicable law or regulation.
- In an emergency: We may share information if we believe it's necessary to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person.
- To enforce our policies and rights: We may share information if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our User Agreement, or other Disperse policies.
- With our affiliates: We may share information between and among Disperse, and any of our parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
- Aggregated or de-identified information: We may share information about you that has been aggregated or anonymized such that it cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Limited Choices Control
- Accessing and Changing Your Information: You can access and change certain information through the Services.
- Deleting Your Account: You may delete your account information at any time from the user preferences page. Moreover, you can submit a request through the Contact Me page to process an account deletion. When you delete your account, your profile is no longer visible to other users and disassociated from content you posted under that account. Please note that once an account is deleted, all information provided with the account will be lost as well.
- Controlling Linked Services’ Access to Your Account: You may review the services you have permitted access to your account and revoke access to individual services.
- Do Not Track: We offer you the choices described in this policy to manage the collection and use of information about you.
- Controlling Promotional Communications: You may opt-out of receiving some or all categories of promotional communications directly from the communications platform.
- Controlling Mobile Notifications: With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device.
- Controlling Location Information: You can control how we use location information inferred from your IP address for content recommendation purposes.
How We Protect Your Information
Disperse LLC uses various techniques to ensure your information is protected from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. All of the information transmitted through the web is through HTTPS. Moreover, we enforce limits on the data access by employees.
We store the information we collect for as long as it is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
Data Subject and Consumer Information Requests
Requests for a copy of the information Disperse has about your account - including EU General Data Protection Regulation (”GDPR”) data subject access request and California Consumer Privacy Act (”CCPA”) can be requested by emailing: email@example.com
Before go continue with your request we may as your to verify your Disperse account and confirm the usage of the account. You may also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf.
International Data Transfers
Disperse LLC is based in the United States and we process and store information on servers located in the United States. However, we may store information on servers in other countries if it impacts the performance of the services provided positively.
When transferring data to European servers, we rely on the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission for such transfers or other transfer mechanisms deemed ‘adequate’ under applicable laws. Disperse complies with Privacy Shield as well.
Please direct any inquiries or complaints regarding international data transfers to firstname.lastname@example.org
Users in the European Economic Area have the right to request access to, the rectification of, or erasure of their data; to data portability in certain circumstances; to request the restriction of processing; to object to processing, and to withdraw consent for processing where they have previously provided content.
We only collect information about individuals in the EEA where we have a legal basis for doing so. We process the information on the following legal bases:
- You have consented for us to do so for a specific purpose.
- We need to process the information to provide you with the service, operate the services, provide customer support and personalized features, and protect the safety and security of the services.
- We need to process your information to comply with our legal obligations
- It satisfies an interest relating to the following: preventing fraud, ensuring network and information security, enforcing our rules and policies, protecting our legal rights and interests, research and development, and personalizing the service.
Users from California by the California Consumer Privacy Act are entitled to additional information about the categories of personal information we collect and share, where we get that personal information, and how and why we use it.
We collect the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers: username, email address, phone number, IP address, cookie information.
- Commercial information: transactions you undertake with us.
- Geolocation information: based on your IP address, or more specific information if authorized directly from the user.
- Audiovisual information: provided in the form of pictures, audio, or video content submitted to Disperse.
- Professional information or demographic information: Only if explicitly provided to us by the user.
- Inferences: made based on the collected data, for better understanding and improvement of the product.
Residents of California have additional rights which include the right to request access to or deletion of your personal information, and information about our data practices, as well as the right not to be discriminated against for exercising your privacy rights.
Children under 13 are not allowed to create an account or otherwise use the Services. Moreover, in the EEA, you must be over the age limit provided by your country to create an account to use our services or have obtained verifiable consent from your parent or legal guardian.
325 W Adams Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90007