How to Add Subtitles to Youtube Shorts
Written by Disperse Team
Youtube Shorts is an exciting new feature offered by Youtube that enables anyone to create and upload short, highly engaging videos to share with their followers. It is a great platform for brand-building, connecting with potential customers, and marketing one's product and services. But one of the most important aspects of creating quality content for Youtube Shorts is adding subtitles for viewers who may have trouble understanding the content due to language barriers.
In this article, we will look at how you can add subtitles to your Youtube Shorts videos.
Benefits of Subtitling Youtube Shorts
Adding subtitles to your Youtube Shorts videos is an essential way to ensure that maximum viewers have access to your content, regardless of the language they speak. Subtitles allow your videos to be more accessible to a wider range of viewers and can enhance their viewing experience.
Studies have shown that subtitles can boost views and engagement by up to 20%, helping your content reach a larger audience and boosting brand visibility. Furthermore, adding subtitles helps make your videos more widely accessible to viewers with disabilities, so it is an essential part of creating inclusive content.
What You Need to Add Subtitles to Your Youtube Shorts
Adding subtitles to your Youtube Shorts videos is relatively simple, but there are a few things you need to know before getting started. Firstly, you need to choose a subtitle file format. The two most popular options are SRT and VTT, and you can use either of these formats to add subtitles to your videos.
Your file should also be saved in UTF-8 encoding, which is the only format that is supported by Youtube. You can easily use a text editor like Notepad or Wordpad to convert the file into UTF-8 encoding and save it.
How to Add Subtitles to Your Youtube Shorts
Once you have the subtitle file ready, you can easily add them to your Youtube Shorts videos. Here is a simple step-by-step guide to help you get started:
- Log in to your Youtube account and open the Youtube Shorts Creator Studio.
- Select the video you want to add subtitles to, then click the “Subtitles” tab.
- Click the “Add File” button, then select the subtitle file you want to upload.
- Select your preferred language from the drop-down menu.
- Once the file is uploaded, click the “Publish” button to save your changes.
And that’s it! You’ve successfully added subtitles to your Youtube Shorts video.
Additional Tips for Better Subtitles
Adding subtitles is an essential part of creating effective Youtube Shorts content, but that doesn’t mean it’s the only thing you should do. Here are some additional tips to help you make the most out of your subtitles:
- Make sure the subtitles are clear and easy to read.
- Ensure that your subtitles are in sync with the audio of your video.
- Make sure the subtitles are concise and don’t have too much fluff.
- Use language that is easy to understand and avoid using slang.
- Vary the font style and size for subtitles to keep the visuals interesting.
Adding subtitles to your Youtube Shorts videos is an important way to ensure maximum accessibility and engagement with your content. With the help of the above guide, you now know exactly how to add subtitles to your videos and some additional tips to make the most out of your subtitles.
So what are you waiting for? Start adding subtitles to your Youtube Shorts videos today and watch your viewership increase!